Palm Springs is a great destination for families because it offers a variety of outdoor activities, cultural attractions, and recreational facilities for children. Popular activities for kids include exploring Joshua Tree National Park, riding the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, or playing at the children's museum. Additionally, Palm Springs is home to numerous water parks, mini-golf courses, and zoos, making it an ideal destination for families with children of all ages.
Our favorites to do with our kids;
• Visit The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens – The Living Desert is a zoo and botanical garden in Palm Springs featuring over 450 animals and 1,200 different species of plants.
• Go On A Guided Hike – The Coachella Valley area is full of amazing hikes for all skill levels, and there are many guided tours for kids.
• Take a Trip to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway – The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is the largest rotating aerial tramway in the world, and offers stunning views of the valley.
• Have Fun at the Palm Springs Air Museum – The Palm Springs Air Museum is home to one of the largest collections of WWII aircraft west of the Mississippi.
• Play at the Children’s Discovery Museum – The Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert is a great place for kids to explore and learn about the desert environment.
• Spend a Day at Wet n’ Wild Palm Springs – Wet n’ Wild Palm Springs is a water park with over 25 water slides and attractions.
• Go Horseback Riding – There are several stables in the area that offer horseback riding tours and excursions.
• Enjoy a Round of Mini Golf – There are several mini golf courses in the area, including Boomers, which offers two 18-hole courses.
• Explore The Palm Springs Art Museum – The Palm Springs Art Museum offers a variety of interactive and educational programs for kids.
• Spend the Day at Knott’s Soak City – Knott’s Soak City is a water park with over two dozen water slides and attractions.